Last week I never really had the design in my planner grow on me. It wasn't bad, by any means, but I just really missed the whole decorating aspect & didn't feel I really got that with the label type stickers last week. Mind you, this weeks layout is lovely & colourful & bright so comparing them is pretty hard. Equally I had a bit of extra time thanks to some crazy rough weather to play this week.
I was asked several questions about items used in this layout, so I'll do my best to give a quick rundown on that for those interested:
- The colourful tape is actually sticker border; the washi I purchased last November has still not arrived so I found something else to use in it's place.
- Border Stamps: I'm not sure who made them, I picked them up last year for $2 at a local craft shop. There's no insert & no brand written on the acetate.
- All the small icons & words came from various Sweet Stamp Shop sets: Plan To Eat, Plan Every Day, Plan School, Plan Fitness, Plan Home
- The Gumballs & Gumball Machine are from Lawn Fawn's Sweet Smiles set. Dashes between the gumballs are from the Lawn Fawn Happy trails Set
- Hexagons are from Miss Kimm's Weekend set.
Phew, I think that's all I used aside from my coloured pencils!
Our School Planner is less colourful & more business like. No idea who made the car/truck stickers, it's another packet I found. Years ago, when our second child was 3, he was always going to be a tow truck driver. Trucks in general fascinated him & I can't tell you how many times I'd pull over, much to the annoyance of other drivers, to the sound of a siren that often turned out to be our own child. Somehow, he managed to miss sticking a few of these silly stickers to his bed, his face, his clothes, the car windows, & anything else that seemed a good idea at the time.
Yes, our Friday is pretty empty. We use it to catch up on things we didn't accomplish, meet up with friends, &/or go somewhere on our own. We'll also be using some Friday mornings for art & other fun projects. This coming week, however, our Friday looks pretty empty..