It's finally here! The Nature Game Starter Pack is finally finished and ready for purchase. Unfortunately due to the issue of obtaining blank game boards (and a few other snags) we're only offering the playing cards, full instructions on how to play the game, and instructions on how to create a game board just like ours!
Download the 14 pages of cards plus more now at Currclick!What are you getting in The Nature Game Starter Pack?
- Inside this printable you'll be getting simple instructions (with picture) to guide you through making your own game board. I've even included links and specifics on the graphics we used.
- You'll also receive the very simplistic instructions for playing The Nature Game. Once you have the supplies on hand making the game board shouldn't take you more then 30 minutes!
- You will also receive 56 Nature Game Cards. These cards include challenges which help you collect acorns as you move around the board. While the biggest object of the game, is of course, to have fun and get out and explore the idea of the game is to collect acorns as you travel around the game board. Most of the cards in the starter pack include small challenges like identifying insects, flowers, trees, feathers, and more. While some of them are less challenging like looking at the clouds and calling out what shapes or images you can see. Players collect acorns for identifying things with or without the aid of field guides. There are also bonus cards which allow a player to gain or lose acorns for theoretical situations.
- Example: "You remembered to wear sunscreen and shared it with the rest of the group! Collect 2 acorns and take another turn." "Oh no! You disturbed a nest of bees. Lose one acorn and move back to the nearest yellow marker on the board."
- The idea of the bonus cards, as I'm sure you've guessed, is to encourage doing the right thing while out on Nature Walks, group hikes, etc.